Wednesday, March 5, 2008

The drive test story continues

After failing my road test, I sent a complaint to the drive test center, saying I don't dispute the result of the test (because I didn't think trying to argue about that would've got me anywhere anymore at that point), but complaining about the examiner's conduct and the fact that he had told me to speed on the highway.

The first reply I got was a poorly written, cut/paste style letter, which promised no solution to my complaint. So I complained again, and another person replied with a better written letter, but with no solution. They didn't see anything wrong with the examiner's conduct.

Next I took it to the area manager, and a couple days later he called me. He was very professional and polite, and offered to arrange another road test for me at a time and date I choose myself, and he himself will personally examine the test.

I took the test last Tuesday, passed and got my G2 license. Now I can drive again, the license is valid for the next 5 years, and that's well enough for me and the time I'll spend here. Case closed, and I feel better now. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I totally agree, I made this site to vent: www.drivetestsucks.ca